I know for Europe it's follwing rule, and I think it applies for the african
team as well (but of course the african championships instead of the
european champs)

"In principle the winners of the respective events at the European Athletics
Championships in Gothenburg have been selected for Team Europe, except where
these athletes are from one of the other three European nations represented
at the IAAF World Cup (Men - France, Russia, Greece, Women - Russia, Poland,
Greece).  In that case, the next best placed available athlete has been
selected."

Best wishes
Tom

Tomas Magnusson
Solothurn, Switzerland

Does anyone know how qualifiers are selected for the World Cup this weekend
in Athens, and whether Marion's being cleared of drug charges would enable
her entry, if otherwise prepared?