>From the you-got-to-be-kidding-me-AGAIN file

Interesting, the 25-day off-season contact rule is violated regularly by the
ball sports. However, in Illinois, I learned this morning that we have had
cross country  coaches warned about this rule because of summer canoe trips and
team Christmas parties.

Go football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, soccer ...

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=243673

York suspends Newton, assistant for rest of season

By David Oberhelman
Daily Herald Sports Writer
Posted Saturday, October 28, 2006

On the eve of the sectionals and after discussions with the IHSA, York has
levied sanctions on its boys cross country program.

The Dukes were found to have been in violation of IHSA Bylaw 3.153 regarding
special provisions for summer participation. More commonly known as the
“summer contact rule,” the bylaw restricts off-season contact between
coaches and athletes to 25 days.