hi all,
I'm experimenting with the JSTL XML tags. I have a org.w3c.dom.Node variable and I'm trying to use the JSTL with it. Something like:

<x:out select="$node/@name"/>

The odd thing is that the XPath expression is evaluated relative the document root, not to the specified node. The following works:

<x:out select="$node/full/path/to/node/@name"/>

I cannot find an explanation in the JSTL 1.1 spec. The only thing I found is in section 11.1.3:

"An XPath expression must also treat variables that resolve to implementations of standard DOM interfaces as representing nodes of the type bound to that interface by the DOM specification."

Is this behaviour by design? Is it compliant with the spec?

Thank you in advance,
flavio