From: Buggy Buggerio [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 6:50 PM
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Help noob get JSTL to work on webpage

Hi, I can't get JSTL to work on my webpage.  Here is some info.  Any
help is appreicated.

It's a godaddy.com webhost account and this is my classpath:

(This statement is output below):<p>Hello!   <%
out.print(System.getProperty("java.class.path"));

%></p>

/usr/local/java/lib/tools.jar:/web/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/web/tomcat/
bin/commons-logging-api.jar

on the webserver, there is a directory /WEB-INF/jstl/ and in that dir is
all the .jars and .tlds

like
c-rt.tld, c.tld, fmt-rt.tld, fmt.tld, standard.jar, etc... like 16 files
in all!

Here is my taglib statement:
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="/WEB-INF/jstl/c.tld" %>

This is a line in my web.xml.  I put web.xml in the WEB-INF/ dir of my
webhost account.  I have

tried other dirs too.
  <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>http:/WEB-INF/jstl/core</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tlds/c.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>

Finally here is the error I get:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Failed to load or instantiate
TagLibraryValidator class:

org.apache.taglibs.standard.tlv.JstlCoreTLV

and about half way down the page, it says this, too:
root cause

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.taglibs.standard.tlv.JstlCoreTLV

Is this a classpath issue?