Martin Cooper wrote:
On Nov 28, 2007 1:01 PM, Trenton Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Kris Schneider wrote:
On 11/28/07, Trenton Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Kris Schneider wrote:

On 11/28/07, Trenton Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was sure that I had read somewhere that "<c:url
value="/images/pluslittle.gif"/>" usage would automatically cause the
context path to be entered into the output of "c:url".  Is that not
correct?  Because it's not working!

From the JSTL 1.1 Spec for <c:url>:

As a consequence, an implementation must prepend the context path to a
URL that starts with a slash (e.g. "/page2.jsp") so that such URLs can
be properly interpreted by a client browser.

So, yes, the context should be prepended. What output are you actually
seeing?

I'm seeing it produce "/images/pluslittle.gif", and it completely
ignores the context path.  I'm using tomcat 6 and java 1.5

This wouldn't happen to be a JSP sitting in webapps/ROOT, would it?
Just checking...

No, it's sitting in "webapps/appname/WEB-INF/jsp/otherdir/somejsp.jsp"

Well, that's very likely the cause of what you're seeing. Anything under
WEB-INF is not permitted to be accessed directly (i.e. from outside the web
app itself), so the context is irrelevant for such files, since it could
never be used to access them.

I don't think that is the problem, I do it all the time. My servlet accesses the JSP's through dispatching. The browser has no need to access my JSP files directly, which is why I put them in WEB-INF. Perhaps putting everything in WEB-INF is causing the problem, but definitely not for the reason you described. But, I will be looking into this to see if putting my JSPs in WEB-INF is causing the problem or not. But, I'm pretty darn sure this worked before. But, then again, maybe it's because I never used anything other than the default context, so I never noticed before?!?!?!
--
Martin Cooper