Better to go ahead and write the Java. FTP - presumably Commons Net
(though I'm not 100% sure if it does FTP). HTTP/HTTPS to Apache
HttpComponents. XmlRpc probably just use the basic API and SOAP Apache
CXF or Apache Axis2 presumably have some kind of client?

Must admit to not knowing much on SOAP, but a Taglib probably isn't
the way to architect communication against it.

Hen