Then you're not doing it the way I have described.

I have been battling with this for ages. Every time I want to import
dynamically generated xml document it doesn't work. The URL gets mangled by
the import tag.

I can use the request parameters to form a full URL but that doesn't work
for a secure app because the credentials aren't shared.

Create a Jersey web service and use the tags as I have described. Just
doesn't work at all. I have resorted to writing my own tag.

Hey ho.