Hi,

Am 2017-03-16 um 15:48 schrieb Clifford Snow:
> Manohar,
> My experience is most of these edits can be cleaned up easily with simple
> edits. Some need full reverting, which can be done using JOSM, while others
> need careful pruning of the bad but leaving the good. I've fixed numerous
> pokemon edits in Washington State. I've only had to go to DWG 2or 3 time. I
> don't think we need to involve DWG in every case.
>
> I've send changeset comments and messages. Other than one belligerent
> individual who promised to report me if I kept reverting his phony edits,
> I've never heard back from any of them. There have been a number of example
> of appropriate changeset comments posted on talk and talk-us that let the
> mapper know the behavior isn't appreciated but also encourages them to
> become an active contributor. I suspect pokemon players could become
> prolific mappers.

I can second that. I did Pokémon cleaning in Germany. The majority of
them doesn't edit OSM a second time. Some of the do, therefore I add all
users whose edits I reverted to my RSS feed reader for a few weeks to
check if future edits are ok. I had three cases when those users
continued mapping. Only one of them really needed a 0-hour block to read
his changeset comments.

> A tool that flags new parks, don't just look for named parks, but all parks
> - some of the players haven't gotten the word that it's only named parks,
> and new water features would be useful. Right now Ian Dees has a bot
> running on slack [1] and IRC[2] that picks up new users from the changeset
> feed. Sure it would be nice of someone could develop a similar bot to watch
> for new users adding pokemon features. But until we have that tool we
> really need to encourage more people to watch edits in their area.

A tool which looks for the editing patterns currently used by Pokémon
mappers would be very good. What about an additional filter for OSMCHA?
The filter should be adapted if the editing pattern changes, i.e. some
mappers should look what Pokémon player are currently discussing about
on the social media (i.e. do spying).

> [1] https://osmus.slack.com/messages/new-mappers
> [2]  irc://irc.oftc.net #osm-bot

You can also use http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/newestosm?c=Germany to
look for new mappers. If you review changesets by newbies, please write
a changeset comment that you reverted the edits if you did it. You
should be honest towards the user whose edits you reverted and other
reviewers are happy if they don't have to review a changeset which has
already been reverted.

Best regards

Michael