On 17.03.17 20:22, Jakob Mühldorfer wrote:

Google tried to have restrictions on new editors
The map got vandalised anyways and they shut down public editing
So basically what others said, not in favour of any kind of restrictions.

I also think it is impossible to stop vandalism by a single technical solution, rather it would be a running battle for years to come. Still we are to watch it carefully and to try to understand in each case the motivation of a vandal, what target was selected and why, what was the pattern of an occurrence, from what region it was initiated, when it was committed. And on the basis of this understanding to use tools to automate the response. Human cunning can be countered only by human cleverness.