Since it was first announced in october 2015, I have been watching the demo
instance of https://github.com/MichaelVL/osm-analytic-tracker (developed by a
fellow dane) almost daily and have found it immensely useful for keeping track
of the activity in all of Denmark (the country north of Germany).
Until this year I have been practically singlehandedly guarding my entire
country, welcoming new users and catching and correcting all kinds of
mistakes, sometimes within as little as 5 minutes and actually been pretty
succesfull at it.
This year a few other contributors have started watching the instance too, but
unfortunately none of them still has the necessary experience and confidence
for really helping out. I hope they eventually will.
I listed the link to the instance on my profile page:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Hjart , so that anyone wondering how I
discovered their edits so fast, has a chance of finding out.
Of course this tool requires running a dedicated server, but if you want an
efficient tool for patrolling a country/state sized area, this is it.