> So you think the German community should be required to proactively
> communicate any subject they discuss in German language channels to the
> international community?

I think the tools are _de facto_ used by the whole OSM community
worldwide, that's why I think any sort of announcement would be
appropriate. I am realistic.

> Well - HDYC is a tool offered by Pascal Neis, AFAIK it is not even open
> source.  Pascal could turn it off any time if he wanted to and of
> course he can also put up constraints.

Keep in mind that I don't make it appear that my requests are based on
something formal, they're not. I simply hope that people will tell him
they don't agree with me and two already did ;)

I think it also emphasizes how open-source tools are important. There
are tons of obscure analysis pages which don't have their source
available.

For starters, there's a little known program called ChangesetMD which
allows you to load changeset and discussion metadata to Postgres.
However, this is changeset only and one won't be able to do all of the
analyses (bboxes alone often are inaccurate, also no info on tags).

Michał