On 09.05.17 20:30, Kevin Bullock wrote:
On behalf of DigitalGlobe: I’m pleased to announce the availability of two new imagery layers from DigitalGlobe. These are available now in the new iD Editor 2.2. release and will be soon available in JOSM.

Longer read here: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/@kevin_bullock/diary/41132

Sincerely, Kevin Bullock

https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/@kevin_bullock
https://twitter.com/kevin_bullock

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for the information. I just checked, and I saw that at my JOSM the two DigitalGlobe layers, Premium and Standard, are already available. I just have to open the JOSM's Imagery Preferences dialog and activate them.

The Premium layer is brighter and it seems that it has got a higher resolution. I compared them with the Bing and Mapbox layers for the places on the North shore of the Black sea which I know and which I map currently, and the DigitalGlobe layers are more recent for these particular places. I see on them buildings which were in fact constructed, but yet absent on other layers.

Thank you again.

With best regards,
Oleksiy