On 2017-06-11 18:18, Eric Gillet wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 10:58 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
>
>> I am concerned that reckless users will use your tool to basically go
>> over the planet in a "task manager" fashion, running the matching for
>> square after square, selecting all matches and hitting upload. (On the
>> basis of "hey if 95% of matches are good then I am improving OSM, right
>> - someone local can sort out the 5% bad apples".)
>
> Should changesets which are less than 95% correct be disallowed on OSM ? That
> would block a lot of contributions !

The easier it is to determine objectively whether data is "correct" or
not, the higher the bar should be. For example, for highway=motorway we
should expect nothing less than 100%. For many others, the criteria are
just too fuzzy to say with reasonable confidence if data is "correct" or
not so any discussion about tolerances is premature.

--colin