      De : Dan Joseph <dan.b.jos...@gmail.com>
 À : talk@openstreetmap.org
 Envoyé le : mercredi 21 juin 2017 17h51
 Objet : Re: [OSM-talk] "NRCS basic OSM training" - low quality changesets in
Nepal

Hi,NRCS stands for Nepal Red Cross Society, so the people behind the edits are
part of the local community. The mappers would be local volunteers and may not
be comfortable responding to changeset comments that are written in English. I
would also guess that changeset comments were not part of the training. Errant
keys are relatively straight-forward to find and fix in JOSM. If the tag value
is legitimate local knowledge then a little bit of cleanup work is worth it.
Someone at the Nepal RC who does some GIS work is aware of the data quality
issues and working to fix it. Training people who have access to smart-phones
and computers and who regularly use map services can be a challenge. Training
people who don’t have such access is even more of a challenge. The time before
every edit is perfectly in line with the established OSM guidelines is bound to
be a bit longer. Changeset comments such as "It's likely we have to fully
delete it because it would take days to clean everything up by hand." when
talking about local knowledge added by locals seems against the spirit of
OSM.All the best,
Dan