Hello Maxim,

Sunday, June 25, 2017, 8:46:13 AM, you wrote:

> Hello Tony,

> Friday, June 23, 2017, 6:56:38 PM, you wrote:

>> Can I just ask a simple question, please?

>> Why have the recent releases been classed as ALPHAs and not BETAs?

>> Are they expected by RITlabs to be less stable?

> Thank you for the good question!

> We are using the following the following designations, from least
> to most stable: alpha, beta, gamma (didn’t actually use gamma so far).

> We have made changes that made the program very unstable, and it
> even didn’t run on some processors. The summary of changes in the alpha
> series is the following:

<snipped detail>

> TODO: various changes to increase stability, fix bugs, improve
> performance. One area is to utilize multiple cores whenever
> possible; for example, for data compression, etc.

> All these changes are major and inherently unstable. That’s why we’ve called
> that version Alpha.

Thanks  for  the  comprehensive  response,  Maxim.  Sounds  like  some
fundamental changes to move The Bat! forward quite a bit. :-)

I  will sit out the Alphas on my main system and may play with them on
my Win7 x64 VM platform.

I'll rejoin once the Alphas revert to more stable Betas.

Tony

--
Tony Brookes
t...@tonybro.com