Hello MFPA,

Saturday, February 25, 2017, 2:41:03 PM, you wrote:

> I had read somewhere that Vista was the last version of Windows that
> came with Simple MAPI support.

No, Simple Mapi is just an interface which allow applications like MS Word,
Internet Explorer, Adobe Reader, etc. to send email messages. They still use
Simple Mapi.

> I thought when a application tries to find a DLL it searches in the
> current directory before the windows system directory. My The Bat!
> program directory contains tbmapi64.dll but TB! does not display the
> "Install The Bat! as the simple MAPI request handler" button.

An application loads mapi32.dll from Windows system directory, which is just a
stub, that, in its turn, looks for a default Simple Mapi handler via registry,
at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail

--
Maxim Masiutin
Director