Sunday, June 25, 2017, 11:11:34 PM, you wrote:

>> Which one is the index file that I am supposed to
>> delete?

> If you rename a file instead of deleting, it won't matter if you pick
> the wrong one.

>> 3) What does re-read the folder mean?

> Re-start The Bat! and go to that folder and display/read the messages.

Sorry,  still  not  getting it. I tried renaming these files but seems
that  TB  is not redoing anything afterwards when I access the folder.
Depending  on  which  file I rename, the folder either appears without
content  or  shows  4000  files  in  the count but nothing in the view
window. Only by renaming it to the original name the files fortunately
appear back.

I take it there is no special command to do the reindexing?

--
Tom
using TheBat! 4.2.33.9 on XP