> Try selecting just the problematic folder. In my experience, the
> Maintenance centre gets stuck on IMAP folders, but should process
> regular folders fairly quickly (I've got folders with more than 100000
> messages, and it takes a few minutes to process them).

Jernej,  I  only tried this on the problematic folder (POP) but as mentioned
got  stuck.   I just tried to do "just" compacting and purge and while
this  runs  through  quickly  on  other folders (even large ones), the
problematic folder again has the same issue. The green bar goes to the
right to about 90% quickly and then moves very slowly only. Eventually
it failed with an alert:

"cannot    compress    the    folder   xxx.   Stream   rea   error   "
E\TheBat....messages.tbb"  The  request could not be performed because
of an I/O device error".

My active database is on another internal drive to be separate from my
OS  drive  and  reading  about the error, there are some references to
hardware  or  drivers. What I don't understand however is that it only
affects one particular folder.

If   I   were   to   move   the   active  database  to my OS drive via
options/preferences/system,     would     that    create    everything
automatically?  I  remember  I  did that once before but would need to
look up the procedure for it.  Also, if the folder is corrupted, would
I have the same issues again?

--
Tom
using TheBat! 4.2.33.9 on XP