On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Jiang Wu wrote:

> [...]

But you would need to recompile Tcl and all the extensions
with -D_REENTRANT. While I would agree that this is a neat
hack, I am not sure it is a good solution. Folks that
use a pre-compiled version will not be able to use this.
There is lots of history that suggests that core patches
are not a good solution (Itcl). We may end up having
to do away with pre-compiled versions of Tcl Blend all
together, just so that people do not make this mistake.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc