Hello there,
I developing a tool for dumping all the data from a packet interference engine into a log. I have undestood that in pcap_read_packet(), the recvfrom function stores all the data from the socket (related to the file descriptor specified) to a buffer, and among that data lies the timestamp originated from the driver (correct me please if I'm mistaken so far). I must see how EXACTLY the timestamp is converted to a "stuct timeval" in the sock. So far I don't know in what format it comes from (time_t ? long long?). My best lead would be in the recvfrom(), but I cannot find its source code. Please tell me if I should look elsewhere, or even better, how is the receive timestamp of each packet converted from its initial format to the timeval format. Many thanks in advance!

Fredy