Hi!
A friend of mine put me onto a dual hard drive dock and I’ve not looked back as
its opened a whole new line of thinking when it comes to data transfer.
The dock can handle 2 standard SATA 2.5 or 3.5 inch internal hard drives at any
one time.
You can of course do the very obvious, connect the Dock with the two drives
inserted to a USB 3.0 port on your computer but its not what’s obvious that has
me more interested.
Suppose you’ve just made a backup of the drive in your computer. You can then
remove the internal drive, place it into the Dock and copy your computers drive
sector by sector to another drive which you can then stick into the computer
thus you then have the original drive you took out of your computer and a
cloned backup which are exactly the same.
Note for this procedure to work you need two exact drives of the same kind and
size as far as I know.
The dock cost me $50 delivered to my door and I’m thinking of getting another
to use exclusively with my server.

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.