>|1) I???m typesetting 17th century keyboard music in Italian tablature
 >|(seven lines in the bass system and six lines in the treble). However,
 >|it seems, that barlines are only extended or shortened from min. 3 to
 >|max. 6 stafflines.
 >|Is there anyone who knwos how to change that behaviour?

A more minimal MWE:

\input musixtex
\setlines{1}{7}
\startpiece
\stoppiece
\end

The problem seems to be in this definition in musixtex.tex:

\def\C@Inter{\stem@skip\interportee \advance\stem@skip-\@ight\internote
  \ifnum\nblines=\f@ur \advance\stem@skip\tw@\internote \fi
  \ifnum\nblines>\fiv@ \advance\stem@skip-\tw@\internote \fi}

which works for \nblines = 3, 4, 5, and 6 but not for 7 or
greater.

This macro is called in several places and shouldn't be
modified without understanding what it's for, which isn't
obvious to me.

Bob T.