I wrote

> Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to trick
> PMX into doing g6.g.

I was wrong, there is a way: g3x2dn g

So we have found ways to get PMX to produce most flavors of 128th notes, as
long as it's inside a beam (together with at least one other note).

To progress any further than this, it's not clear whether it would take more
programming effort on Dieter's part in XML2PMX to make XML2PMX
128th-note-capable within this restriction, or on my part in PMX to extend
"normal" input notation using 5 or 7 for a 128th, and then either (1)
internally take advantage of the xtuplet tricks, or (2) go all the way,
which would involve completely revamping PMX's time accounting. To be
realistic, there's no chance at all I'd go route (2), and only a tiny chance
for route (1).

--Don