Sorry for the mini mails.

XML2PMX seems also to work, when the XML und PMX folder are not in the same
location as the executable. (Linux environment)
Hans Friedrich

      Von: Dieter <d.gloet...@web.de>
 An: tex-music@tug.org
 Gesendet: 9:24 Mittwoch, 22.Februar 2017
 Betreff: Re: [Tex-music] nted to tex (via midi or lilypond)

 Hello Hans Friedrich,

 your XML and PMX folders should be subfolders of the folder which contains the
executable.
 And then the command file for the example is:
 ./XML2PMX "./XML/Telemann.xml" "./PMX/Telemann.pmx" ""
 The two double quotes at the end are required.

 But you can send me as well your XML file, and I will handle it for you.

 Or you send me the stuff as pdf, and I will OCR-scan it to XML and then to PMX.

 I agree with Bob that Midi will cause information loss.

 Regards,
 Dieter