Sorry, I forgot to include the resulting notes sheet.
--Dieter

Am 23.02.2017 um 09:26 schrieb Dieter:

Hi Bob and Hans Friedrich,

as I pointed out in my previous mail, I made excellent experience with scanning notes, converting them to MusicXML, and then using XML2PMX to go to *.pmx.

So why do you not send me a PDF and I do the rest.

--Dieter
Am 22.02.2017 um 23:24 schrieb Bob Tennent:
  >|The project is producing size a5 booklets (~4 ... 12
  >|pages) with songs etc. for a service. Means mix of
  >|text and music.The first time I used noteedit which
  >|produces musixtex-code an combined this code with my
  >|texts.But noteedit does not run anymore on my computer
  >|:-(Than I found nted which is also nice to input music.
  >|But nted does not export musixtex. Now I am looking to
  >|frescobaldi. Maybe I can do the whole job in lilypond.
  >|However although I am TeX-user since 1989 I prefer to do
  >|the first pass of creating music using a gui. But in the
  >|2nd path I prefer to change tex code.

I suggest you look at MuseScore which runs on Linux (as
well as Windows and Mac OS), and both imports and exports
musicxml.

Bob T.

  >|There are many gui-based score editors which export to
  >|musicxml; why are you insisting on using nted, which
  >|doesn't? And if you are so keen on a gui-based score editor,
  >|why do you need to convert to pmx?
  >|
  >|Bob T.

Dr. Dieter Glötzel
Im Rosengarten 27