The attached tex file mostly remedies the problem. Although I'm pretty sure
it would be possible, I haven't yet worked out a way to do it in PMX. It
would involve redefining various commands.

The problem stems from the order in which PMX posts the various commands
that reset the staves per instrument, relative to where it draws the barline
at the end of the 2nd system. Specifically, at the new movement command,
first PMX posts the changes in staves per instrument. Next, it posts
\newmovement, which in this case doesn't do much at all except add
\setdoubleBAR to the definition of \stoppiece. Finally PMX posts \alaligne,
which is just \stoppiece\contpiece. Problem is that \stoppiece is what
causes the double bar to be drawn, and the earlier \setstaffs commands
already altered it to the form needed for system 3.

--Don