Hi,

first of all, please keep conversation on this list
in english. Maybe I should have pointed that out in
the german announcement ;-)

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 19:12:02 +0200, Holger Schulz wrote:

> Nun wollte ich die Farb-Optionen testen. Mein Header sieht dann so aus
>
> \documentclass[landscape]{foils}
> \usepackage[]{german}
> \usepackage{amssymb}
> \usepackage{amstext}
> \usepackage{amsmath}
> \usepackage{color}
> \usepackage[display,colormath,lightbackground]{texpower}
>
> colormath bewirkt zwar tats"achlich eine farbliche Absetzung der Formeln,
> jedoch werden dazu 3 verschidene Farben verwandt, bis zu 2 pro Formel.
> Geh"ort das so? Kann ich mir eigentlich nicht vorstellen.

[when using the header above, formulas are colored in three different
colors, up to two per formula]

This is not intended. Could you provide a minimal example
demonstrating the effect?

If I add the following to your header:

\begin{document}

$a^2+b^2=c^2$

\[\sum_{i=1}^n i=\frac{n(n+1)}{2}\]

\end{document}

and then run pdflatex on the resulting file, then I get two
formulae which are colored exclusively with mathcolor.

I've processed several presentations with complicated
math using this technique without any glitches.

But I admit the implementation is not very `pure', and
some problems are to be expected...

> Ach so, der Befehl \darkbackground zwischen zwei Folien bewirkt nichts.

[Putting \darkbackground between two slides has no effect.]

That's due to a mistake of mine.

\darkbackground _does_ redefine the standard colors, but
does _not_ set pagecolor and textcolor.

Dunno any more why exactly I decided against that...

I was under the delusion that \pagecolor could be used
only in the preamble, and so I thought \darkbackground
and such should be used when the background color changes
because of the user setting a background image or
gradient.

But still, not setting the text color is obviously a bug.

In the next release, \darkbackground and relatives will
set both page and text color. This seems to work well
with pdflatex as well as LaTeX+dvips. Let's see
whether it causes any problems.

Until then, just put

  \pagecolor{pagecolor}%
  \color{textcolor}%

behind darkbackground.

regards
Stephan

--
  Stephan Lehmke                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Fachbereich Informatik, LS I   Tel. +49 231 755 6434