Thank you for the hint. I already got the answer from Ross Moore. I will
try the better solution but in fact I would like to get sth like this:

\begin{itemize}
\liststepwise[\let\hidestepcontents=\hidedimmed
\let\displaystepcontents=\hidedimmed
\let\activatestep=\highlightenhanced]
{
  \step{\item we ``discover'' the structure of the document (DTD)}
  \step{\item SGML tools (nsgmls, yasp) help us to correct the source}
  \step{\item we can produce the ``printing'' markup again}
  \step{\item we can use SGML format for other applications}
}
\end{itemize}

Only the highlighted item is well seen, others are dimmed. Is there a
better way to do this? And what if I wanted to use a different color
(say green instead of dimmed)?

Hana
--
Hana Skoumalova     Institute of Theoretical & Computational Linguistics
                                                      Charles University