Cliff Bergman wrote on Tue, 09 Jan 2001 16:55:33 +0010 (CST):

> I've just started using texpower.  It worked nicely for my first lecture.
> Thanks!  But for tomorrow's lecture, I'd like a bit more.  I would like to
> present an enumerated list in which the items appear one at a time _and_
> are hilighted on first appearance.  The following code seems to me that it
> ought to do just that:
>
> \documentclass[display,calcdimensions]{powersem}
> \usepackage{fixseminar}
> \usepackage[colorhighlight]{texpower}
> \begin{document}
> \begin{slide}
> \liststepwise*[\let\activatestep=\highlightenhanced]
> {%
> \begin{enumerate}
> \step{\item This is item 1.}
> \step{\item This is item 2.}
> \step{\item This is item 3.}
> \end{enumerate}}
> \end{slide}
> \end{document}
>
> However, when I run this file through either latex or pdflatex, I get
> error messages.

It seems that \item chokes when it is wrapped in the argument of
\textcolor, as done by \highlightenhanced. Strangely, this seems
to be a problem only for the very first item...

The fastest solution is probably to avoid \activatestep in
this situation and activate the step `by hand', using
the switch firstactivation and the \color command instead
of \textcolor.

The following works for me:

\newcommand{\mystep}[1]
{%
  \step
  {%
    \ifthenelse{\boolean{firstactivation}}{\enhancecolors}{}%
    \color{textcolor}#1%
    }%
  }

\liststepwise*
{%
\begin{enumerate}
\mystep{\item This is item 1.}
\mystep{\item This is item 2.}
\mystep{\item This is item 3.}
\end{enumerate}}

regards
Stephan

--
  Stephan Lehmke                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Fachbereich Informatik, LS I   Tel. +49 231 755 6434