I apologize for taking so long to respond. I wanted to test on several
different computers first.  I concocted an example.  When I
process this (using pdflatex) on my somewhat aged PC, all of the rules in
the table, and also the fraction bar in the displayed equation, come out
in green.  The text is in blue.  When I try the same experiment on a newer PC,
the lines do look blue.  Furthermore, I see the same results when I simply
use the color package (without texpower at all) and set the text color to
[rbg]{0,0,0.5}.
So I now believe that this
phenomonon has more to do with the graphics adapter than with any tex
code.  This probably is true for others who are seeing these wierd colors.

-cb

Quoted mail: