[Ross Moore]

>  [Henrik Holm]
>
>  > In many cases, the math coloring works nicely.  However, with
>  > one of my most common ways of displaying equations, it does
>  > not work!  I have included an example -- it isn't strictly
>  > «minimal», but it shows several types of math, some of which
>  > get colored, some don't.  I haven't been able to find a
>  > pattern of which equations do and which don't.
>
>  Load the packages in a different order!
>
>  > \documentclass{article}
>  >
>  \usepackage{amsmath}  %%  make sure this comes *before* TeXpower...
>  \usepackage[colormath]{texpower}
>  %% \usepackage{amsmath} %% .... not after it!

Sadly, this doesn't do the trick -- as the (now minimal)
example reveals.  But the example is also capable of showing
that it is amsmath's «fault».

But thanks, I apparently need to be reminded that it is wise
to load texpower very, very late.

Henrik

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage[colormath]{texpower}

\begin{document}
Here is some displayed math
\[
  e^{-j\pi}+1=0
\]
and an equation
\begin{equation}
  x = y + z
\end{equation}
The equation doesn't get colored when amsmath is loaded (even if it is
loaded before texpower).
\end{document}