@sraps,

Hey that's cool. We will try that for sure. Also, I did a relatively
sophisticated SQL/ORM API scripts to migrate my previous customers. Basically,
my script were trying to detect if there are records in ir_model_data that you
might have modified on purpose and that are likely to be overriden after
upgrade using --update=all. So it warns you for each records so you can take a
decision manually record per record.

I've seen that CampToCamp also had concerns about security settings being
overridden with --update=all. In my option our script is the answer to all that.

We've got a trainee now at Akretion.com so hopefully he will help sorting this
out. I'm not sure whether our script would be better integrated in your module
or the base_module_recorder module.

Let us know what you think about the idea and if we should team more closely to
make sure we have the smoothest migrations.

On other remark: instead of using a blog for tracking API changes, I suggest
Tiny could simply tag the branches at each API changes so it would be more all
in one single place and a filter on tags will help tracking all the API changes
between versions X and Y.

Regards and thanks for the module.

Raphaël Valyi

CEO and OpenERP consultant at