Try to look for field that has Field Type "Char" instead of "char" in 4.x
database...
Menu:
Administration->Custom->Low Level->Base->Database Structure->Fields

About migration from 4.2 to 5.0, yes, we have done that. Still, you have to
make analysis on all the enterprise processes, as this is almost the same as
implementing new ERP. TinyERP slightly differs from OpenERP.

The tool is to automate reentering the data and do some analysis on data
structures.

With the tool we can do migration for the customer a lot cheaper. There are
cases when reentering the data is not an option at all, so this is the only
option to do a migration.

We can provide partial or full migration services for customers.
This can be as simple as ready made model mappings, or complete process
analysis and modification services.

Kaspars
http://kndati.lv

http://www.openobject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=45523#45523