Patrick and all

The previous are messages that I had copy pasted in my todo list because they were sent to my private e-mail.  Thought I would throw them out there to see if they need to be worked on or have already been fixed.

Regards

Kenneth

Kenneth Pouncey wrote:
Patrick

Here is a problem just reported a couple of days ago with a code fix attached:

Bugs item #1333978, was opened at 2005-10-21 12:02
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376973&aid=1333978&group_id=22923

not just the latest update.
Category: User Interface
Group: None

Initial Comment:
OS = linux 2.6.5 Suse 9.1
System = pIV 512MB
JDK version = 1.5.0_05

In the dialog for get the key, the label never get the
focus and  can't set the key.
Changing to the following piece of code, int the
KeyConfigure class:

JOptionPane opain = new JOptionPane(

				message,

				JOptionPane.PLAIN_MESSAGE,

				JOptionPane.DEFAULT_OPTION, // option type

				null,

				options,

				options[0]);

by this other:

JOptionPane opain = new JOptionPane(

				message,

				JOptionPane.PLAIN_MESSAGE,

				JOptionPane.DEFAULT_OPTION, // option type

				null,

				options,

				null);

 the label can obtain the focus and can set the key.
Regards

Kenneth

Patrick Bielen wrote:
Hi guys,

Recently i installed Ubuntu Linux (which is the best distro i've seen
in the last 7 years imho) and that is where the troubles began.

Running java 1.5.0_05 on my linux box gives the next troubles...

1) Splashscreen stays on top and the connection window is below
     it, there is not way to remove it until you actually make the
    connection to the iseries.

2) Keymapping does nothing... no matter which key you press,
    nothing happens and  you have to manually edit the keymap file.
    xdev gives other values then the values used in the keymap file,
   which makes it hard to find out which value you actually need.

No need to say this is very frustrating, cause you loose a lot of
functionality in the first place.

The second thing... a dutch user contacted me about the jython
commands that can be used in tn5250j. A few years ago i was
using this functionality a lot, but since i became SCJP i lost the
attention to the scripting feature in tn5250j. So there is a lot
changed in meanwhile, and commands changed also. The
website was never made up-to-date so it's damned hard to
actually find out what the exact commands are. Anybody that
knows what actually was changed ? _session.getscreen() seems
not to work anymore cause things are changed.

So i think after almost one year of inactivity, that it becomes time
we pickup the project again and do the very last bugfixes, and
also remove the 1.3 code crap, to become some more up-to-dated.
I know the most of you guys are working on the browser version
of tn5250j, but that is not that interesting for the most users, cause
tn5250j standalone just does what it needs to do. So maybe we
can focus back on the program itself and make it bugfree on
windows and linux (and mac) for once and for all.

Ofcourse i'm not the project leader, but seems he lost his interests
in the project cause we haven't heard him anymore for a very long
time. As i'm one of the people that joined the project in the very
first beginning it should be nice if we could make a deal, that i will
try to lead the team until Kenneth returns.

What do you guys think ?

Well maybe my java skills do not go that far as most of you, but
i will try to lead the project into the right directions. The most
important goal is to make it stable now, so we actually can
release a FINAL (stable) version. I'm into Linux now, so i can
heavily test the program on that platform now.

Best Regards,

Patrick Bielen

has notified the sender that this message has been received.