Hans.

The project is still alive an well, but, as you can tell, the committers on the project are pretty busy on other things. Also, there hasn't been much activity because, well, the code is very stable and feature rich.

We probably need to clean up whatever remaining bugs exist and release a Final version of tn5250j, but just haven't gotten to it.

As for the use of the bean, there is no formal documentation. I did write a web based 5250 emulator which is still unfinished but I used the bean in that application. You can find the code here if you are interested: http://www.web5250.com/web5250.zip

The list is generally good about responding to questions, although you wouldn't have guessed that from the week it took to respond to your question :-) . And yes, it has been quiet, but that is sometimes a good thing.

Pete

Uhlig, Hans wrote:

Is anyone still maintaining tn5250j?

Also, is there any real api documentation or tutorial docs on how to use the Beans for connecting to an AS400/5250 from inside a java application. I have scoured the site as well as built the java docs and it seems to be severely lacking. I would love to help build the documentation if anyone is willing to help me sort where everything is.

Hans W. Uhlig

Easy Mobile Tech

Greater Sacramento Market

Office#: 916-760-8794