Michael Schwarz schrieb:
> I am trying to use TN5250J on a new computer with Vista. I have a few
> issues:
>
> 1.       The '.props' files change, seemingly on their own. I keep a
> copy of the file I used on an XP machine and copy it over whenever this
> happens. I have reduced the number of times it happens by making the
> file read-only.

This sounds really bad - what changes are happening to to which files?

> 2.       The keyboard customization routine doesn't work. I can manually
> edit the file.

I think think this problem is related to the java version. IIRC It works
with java 1.4 and doesn't with java 5. It's on my todo list to fix this
but I don't know when I will find the time...

> 3.       The only way that I can get to it run is by calling
> 'tn5250j.jnlp'. This results in a new 'javaw.exe' process starting each
> time I run the file.  When I close TN5250J, the process doesn't stop.
> After running this a number of times during the day, I have quite a few
> of these processes running.

Sorry no idea, yet.

> Has anyone else tried to run this in Vista? What works and what doesn't
> work?

Sorry. I'm happy Linux user ;-)
But I'll try to find a PC with Vista and give it a try.

This sounds almost as bad as Client Access, where V5R3 doesn't work with
Vista  and IBM won't fix it (as I've been told by a customer just yesterday)

--
Christian