Richard,

I haven't updated CVS but I am assuming that Christian did after the update to the STRPCCMD. I don't know if that has been done or not.

I usually run in Windows and I do have Java 6 installed in Windows XP and I CAN use the ALT+P to get a print screen.
I'll try to remember to boot into SUSE later today and give it a whirl.

Pete

Richard Houston wrote:
Hey all,

Has the CVS version been updated to include the STRPCCMD?

Also has there been any thoughts on the printing with TN and Java 1.6? I
hate to be a pest but this is a big issues for us as the users us print
screen all the time.

Thanks and sorry to be a pest.

+------------------------------------+
Best regards,
-Richard Houston
-R.L.H.  Consulting
-E-Mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-WWW     http://www.rlhc.net
-Blog    http://www.rlhc.net/blog/

Richard,

Not sure I can match the environment but the next time I boot into SUSE
I'll give this a whirl.  I think I am running Java 6 on that partition.

Are you running the latest version? (we HAVE to get a "final" built and
posted one of these days)  The one that fixed the STRPCCMD?

Pete

Richard Houston wrote:

Hey Everyone,

Hope you all had a great holiday and got some time off.

Was wondering if anyone has had a chance to look the below issue? I
know your all busy so I humbly ask this question of you.

Thanks all and take care in the new year.

Rich

+------------------------------------+
Best regards,
-Richard Houston
-R.L.H.  Consulting
-E-Mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-WWW     http://www.rlhc.net
-Blog    http://www.rlhc.net/blog/

Hey all,

Recently we started to update our Linux clients to ubuntu 7.10. The
users really like the Compiz 3D effects and they perform much better
then the Linux we were using before.

We initial used java1.5, installed via the Ubuntu repository's, but
with Compiz on the tn5250j screen would only come up blank and would
never render. I updated to Java 1.6 and all was good again. We have
found one issue though. The ALT+P (print screen) does not work. When
I try I get
this error: Exception in thread "Thread-11"
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
attribute at
sun.print.IPPPrintService.isAttributeValueSupported(IPPPrintService.
java :1147)
at
sun.print.ServiceDialog$OrientationPanel.updateInfo(ServiceDialog.ja
va:2
121)
at
sun.print.ServiceDialog$PageSetupPanel.updateInfo(ServiceDialog.java
:126
3)
at sun.print.ServiceDialog.updatePanels(ServiceDialog.java:437) at
sun.print.ServiceDialog.initPrintDialog(ServiceDialog.java:195)
at sun.print.ServiceDialog.<init>(ServiceDialog.java:124) at
javax.print.ServiceUI.printDialog(ServiceUI.java:188)
at sun.print.RasterPrinterJob.printDialog(RasterPrinterJob.java:855)
at sun.print.PSPrinterJob.printDialog(PSPrinterJob.java:421)
at org.tn5250j.PrinterThread.run(PrinterThread.java:157)

Any thought on that?

Thanks all!!

Rich

Best regards,