Hi,

sounds like your Java installation is not correct.
I've tested with a fresh installation of Windows 7, works fine.
Please check, that you're using a Java 6 (or newer) runtime.

For example, open command line:

c:\java -version
java version "1.6.0_23"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode, sharing)

c:\java -jar tn5250j.jar
(works fine ...)

Regards
 Martin