From:   "Martin W. Kirst" <m...@bitkings.de>
To:     ewart.deso...@sandvik.com, tn5250j-general@lists.sourceforge.net
Date:   05/10/2013 10:45 PM
Subject:        Re: Fw: [Tn5250j-general] Issue with sessions

Hello Ewart,

this is always possible, with a little manual work involved.
Just copy the JRE folder from a PC, where you've installed Java
and put it into Tn5250j folder.
Than create/modify tn5250j.cmd (assuming Windows) and put in something
like this:

jre\bin\javaw.exe -jar tn5250j.jar

That's it.

Regards
Martin

Am 10.05.2013 04:47, schrieb ewart.deso...@sandvik.com:
> Hello Martin,
>
> I have one suggestion. Instead of depending on the java version
> installed on the system, is it possible to have the java version that is
> required by TN5250j in the same folder ??  This will avoid problems
> where people have higher or lower versions of java installed in their
> system.
>
> Again I'm not a java guy so I don't know if it is possible.
>
> Thanks again for the good work & best regards
> Ewart
>
> ----- Forwarded by Ewart Desouza/8200/SANDVIK on 05/10/2013 08:14 AM
-----

> *Ewart Desouza*
> *Sandvik Asia Private Limited*
> *Sandvik IT Services, India*
> *0091 20 27104620*                             From:        Ewart
Desouza/8200/SANDVIK
> To:        "Martin W. Kirst" <m...@bitkings.de>
> Cc:        tn5250j-general@lists.sourceforge.net
> Date:        05/09/2013 04:40 PM
> Subject:        Re: [Tn5250j-general] Issue with sessions

> Hello Martin,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> 1.7.0_21 is displayed after giving the command java -version
>
> I have Windows XP installed on my lap top.
>
> I'm not much of a java guy so I'm not sure what other hint I can give
you !!

> Thanks & best regards
> Ewart
>

> *"Martin W. Kirst"*
>

>                                From:        "Martin W. Kirst"
<m...@bitkings.de>
> To:        ewart.deso...@sandvik.com
> Cc:        tn5250j-general@lists.sourceforge.net
> Date:        05/09/2013 04:25 PM
> Subject:        Re: [Tn5250j-general] Issue with sessions

> Hello Ewart,
>
> the problem of a hanging start looks strange to me and I wasn't ware of
> this issue. Even though I can't reproduce it at my develop mashine.
>
> What version of Java you're using?
> What windows Version?
> Any more information, which helps me reproduce the issue?
>
> Regards
> Martin
>
> Am 09.05.2013 12:32, schrieb ewart.deso...@sandvik.com:
>> Hello Martin,
>>
>> Thanks for fixing the but. I must confess that I have been hooked on
the
>> this emulator & won't dream of changing.
>>
>> The only problem I have is that I need to stick to older versions
>> because the new versions do not function. The 7.1 version hangs while
>>

>> Of late I've also noticed that after going back to the 6.0 version the
>> javaw.exe job does not get deleted when each session is closed -
earlier
>> it used to get deleted. Now every week I need to manually delete each
>> instance of javaw.exc job from the task manager.
>>

>> Whenever you find the time pl see if you can do something.
>>
>> Keep up the good work.
>>
>> Thanks & best regards
>> Ewart
>>

>> *"Martin W. Kirst"*
>>

>>                                   From:        "Martin W. Kirst"
> <m...@bitkings.de>
>> To:        tn5250j-general@lists.sourceforge.net
>> Date:        05/09/2013 03:37 PM
>> Subject:        Re: [Tn5250j-general] Issue with sessions

>> Hi,
>>
>> bug is fixed with version 0.7.2 :-)
>>
>> Technical background:
>> When "emul.startLastView" is set, but "emul.view" is empty, than it
>> will crash.
>>
>> Regards
>> Martin
>>
>> Am 03.05.2013 18:23, schrieb Richard L. Houston:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Thanks to everyone for continuing to work on this wonderful project.
We
>>> use it everyday and it is very much appreciated.
>>>
>>> We have run into an issue with 0.7.1
>>>
>>> If we have the option in the session file : "emul.startLastView=" set
we
>>> get the following error:
>>>
>>> INFO [org.tn5250j.framework.Tn5250jController] Tn5250j plugin manager
>>> created

http://www.rlhc.net/>