23 September 2005 - Apache Tomcat 5.5.12-alpha Released

The Apache Tomcat team is proud to announce the immediate availability of
Tomcat 5.5.12-alpha. This version contains several bug fixes, including an
import change to session attribute storage concurrency that is required by the
upcoming Servlet Specification v2.5. In addition to these changes, this release
is a significant milestone for two reasons:

This release is the last one to be done using the CVS repository at Apache. The
Tomcat team is moving to the Subversion (SVN) repository as part of the overall
Apache initiative to do so. Access instructions for the SVN repository are
available at http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html. The move is
expected to be complete within the next week.

This release is also likely the last one to use the Jakarta pages. As part of
Tomcat's move to a top-level project (TLP) at Apache, we will be migrating our
content to http://tomcat.apache.org, which is still under construction at this
time. That site will have its own download pages and related information. We
will keep the key jakarta URLs intact with redirection, but please keep an eye
out and update your bookmarks to http://tomcat.apache.org as/when appropriate.
As part of the TLP move, distribution names have changed from jakarta-tomcat-*
to apache-tomcat-*, and similar minor branding changes will gradually become
visible in the web site and documentation. We thank the Jakarta project for its
support over the years, and we will continue collaborating on projects and
issues of common interest.

The Release notes are available at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/RELEASE-NOTES

Please refer to the change log for the list of changes:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/changelog.html

Downloads:
Binaries: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi#tomcat-5.5
Sources: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.cgi#tomcat-5.5