The original referer variable was a little over 1K chars, so I don't
believe that I'm pushing that limit quite yet.  As for recreating...I
cannot.  I wish I could.  In order for me to cut down the # of
parameters, I'd have to modify the workflow process which could
potentially aggitate our users.  I will try this locally, but I'm almost
certain that my testing will be futile since I've yet to recreate the
scenario.  Any other ideas?

I did speak with someone over the phone today who contacted me regarding
this post.  It seems as though they have experienced the same problem
with Tomcat 4 and 5.  He seemed to believe it was related to load.  I
know that our website typically operates at roughly 80 users at a time.
At our peak, 200 users.  So, I'm not so sure it is related to load, but
I'm going to do some further investigating in our test environment with
a load tester to see if I can recreate the problem.

Jeremy Nix
Senior Application Developer
Southwest Financial Services, LTD.
(513) 621-6699 x1158