I may be in a minority here .. very sparse information found so far on this  ..

I would like to configure Tomcat 5.0.27 to run PHP 5.0.1 scripts on Tomcat server (in
addition to PHP running on Apache server).

I do understand that PHP usually runs on Apache server (I have that combination
working already).  I need a "hybrid" configuration.

My configuration:-

Two servers running on same Windows XP Pro platform (localhost testing mode) ..

*   Apache 2 running PHP 5.0.1  (port 88)
*   Tomcat  5.0.27 running some webapps (port 8080)

Also, Apache server is connected to Tomcat server via mod_jk2 connector

but I also require PHP 5.0.1 scripts to run on Tomcat  5.0.27..

.. for PHP (Apache) <-------> PHP (Tomcat) inter-server communications.

Searching around I found this single reference:-

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tomcat/Tomcat/UsingPhp

note: on that site I read this ..

    ________________________

    3. Patch for PHP configure Script
    This is a patch for PHP's configure script to account for the servlet jar name
    change (from servlet.jar in Servlet Spec 2.3 and previous [tomcat 4 and
    previous] to servlet-api.jar in Servlet Spec 2.4 and above [tomcat 5 and
    later]):
    ________________________

I do have servlet-api.jar in my Tomcat 5.0.27 configuration .. \common\lib\

Does this mean I need to compile PHP 5.0.1 from source (I have used the PHP
binary installer, not a build)?

I have in c:\Tomcat5\common\lib\

    phpsrvlt.jar    (copied from PHP)
    servlet-api.jar

Here is what I have setup so far in Tomcat 5.0.27 ..

(1) copied  phpsrvlt.jar from c:\php\ext\     into    c:\Tomcat5\common\lib\

(2) enabled php_java.dll extension (from this link  .. http://uk2.php.net/java/  )
        not sure if I really need this .. but enabled it anyway

    extension=php_java.dll

(3) in C:\Tomcat5\conf\web.xml ..

    <mime-mapping>
            <extension>php</extension>
            <mime-type>application/x-httpd-php</mime-type>
     </mime-mapping>

     <welcome-file-list>
            <welcome-file>index.php</welcome-file>
     <welcome-file-list>

But note ... no PHP 5.0.1 servlet mapping has yet been created in Tomcat web.xml.

Is there a PHP 5.0.1 servlet mapping definition somewhere?

Summary:-

Is there a configuration guide anywhere for configuring PHP 5.0.1 to run on Tomcat
5.0.27 ... showing php.ini settings, and other settings in Tomcat?

Thanks

d~l