That's why I said you need one Attribute that implements the
HttpSessionActivationListener, which, on second thought , was wrong - you
need to implement HttpSessionBindingListener.

The Method

public void valueUnbound(HttpSessionBindingEvent event)

will get called automatically when the session expires, and you can add code
that removes the session from the hashmap.