Hi,

> > The thing is, I do not wish to execute directly from the WAR
> > as that would be inefficient.
>
> If you only have classes (as opposed to resource files) I
> don't think it
> will make a difference.  If you do have other resources in there, then
> yes, expanding the war would probably be better.  However, I think
> that's controlled solely by the unpackWARs attribute of the
> <Host> tag,
> and has nothing to do with docBase.

The web application is a whopping 22MB WAR consisting of resources, jsps,
classes, you name it (although the web server is linked to the unpacked
resources location to serve those).

> > Therefore to avoid executing from the WAR itself I use a
> > relative path to the web application. Perhaps I should be
> > specifying docBase="ROOT" rather than /ROOT.
>
> That would probably be better; I wonder if you even need a docBase
> attribute at all?  If the war file is under webapps, it may
> be redundant
> (and possibly a contributor to the errors in the log).  Is your app
> deployed from ROOT.war?

The docBase attribute is listed in the docs as being needed, I could try
without it. My WAR is called ROOT.war yes.

Thanks again, I will need to try these permutations and get back to the list.

Allistair

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474
Disclaimer:  The information contained within this e-mail is confidential and
may be privileged. This email is intended solely for the named recipient only;
if you are not authorised you must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain
this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error
please contact the sender at once so that we may take the appropriate action
and avoid troubling you further.  Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender.  QAS Limited has the right lawfully to record,
monitor and inspect messages between its employees and any third party.  Your
messages shall be subject to such lawful supervision as QAS Limited deems to be
necessary in order to protect its information, its interests and its
reputation.

Whilst all efforts are made to safeguard Inbound and Outbound emails, QAS
Limited cannot guarantee that attachments are virus free or compatible with
your systems and does not accept any liability in respect of viruses or
computer problems experienced.
</FONT>