Hi Jeff,

>I will implement storing the connection in
> the session with the log
> out killing the connection.

what happens if the user never logs out? then your Tomcat might end up with
quite a few open connections that it cannot close and the only way to close
such connections would be to restart Tomcat. I guess you'll also want to
implement the connection closure when session times out/invalidated (using
javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionListener)....

Kind regards,

Sasha.