On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 09:28:23PM -0700, Bill Barker wrote:

> "James Rome" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Most of the installed Tomcat classes have something like
> > container.isDebugEnabled() {...}
> >
> > How do I enable these debug statements in Tomcat 5.5?
> >

> I'll assume that you are using Juli.  If you are using log4j, compare what
> I'm saying to http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html
> to see what you need to do.
>
> First you edit $CATALINA_HOME/conf/logging.properties and add and something
> like:
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/myapp].level
> = FINE

Would this control the logging of the tomcat server itsel, too?

Returning to my previous mail, if I activate connectionTimeout
in the asp13 connector tomcat starts to pollute my catalina.out
with messages about timedout connections.

I know that there are connections which tend to timeout, such is life,
but its a waste of time and storage when tomcat itself informs we
about that fact :)

Looking inside properties file I find the default log level and it
is:

# Default global logging level.
# This specifies which kinds of events are logged across
# all loggers.  For any given facility this global level
# can be overriden by a facility specific level
# Note that the ConsoleHandler also has a separate level
# setting to limit messages printed to the console.
.level= INFO

So, I guess, if I use something like .level=WARN the pollution
of catalina.out may will stop?

Regards,
Marcus