I have read about 25 different websites on getting this setup. I have
read through this list trying to find the answer I need. I have spent
the last 2 days and soon 3rd day trying to get this working. I need
Apache to forward port 80 and 443 requests to tomcat to 8080 and 8443. I
am working on the non-ssl right now. I get an error in Apache error_log
saying:
[error] uriEnv.init() map to invalid worker /*.jsp-0
ajp13:localhost:8009
[error] uriEnv.init() map to invalid worker /patientC
onnect-1 ajp13:localhost:8009

Let me give a bit of history and config files.
This is running on SLES9 x86-64 version.
Apache and tomcat and the connectors are from RPMs that came with SuSE.
Everything is installed in SuSE default install location.

httpd.conf.local:

LoadModule jk2_module /usr/lib64/apache2/mod_jk2.so

<Location "/*.jsp">
JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
</Location>

<Location "/patientConnect">
JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
</Location>

workers2.properties:

[logger]
level=DEBUG

[config:]
file=/etc/apache2/workers2.properties
debug=0
debugEnv=0

[uriMap:]
info=Maps the requests. Options: debug
debug=1

[shm]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with
multiprocess serve
rs
file=/usr/share/tomcat/logs/jk2.shm
size=1048576
debug=0
disabled=0

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
timing=1
debug=0

[status:]
info=Status worker, displays runtime informations

[uri:patientconnect.truchart.com/jkstatus/*]
info=Display status information and checks the config file for changes.
group=status:

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket

# Define the worker
[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

[uri:patientconnect.truchart.com/patientConnect/*]
info=patientConnect

Both the workers2.properties and the httpd.conf.local are located
in /etc/apache2 directory.

In the /usr/share/tomcat/conf/ directory is the jk2.properties and the
server.xml

jk2.properties:

## THIS FILE MAY BE OVERRIDEN AT RUNTIME. MAKE SURE TOMCAT IS STOPED
## WHEN YOU EDIT THE FILE.

## COMMENTS WILL BE _LOST_

## DOCUMENTATION OF THE FORMAT IN JkMain javadoc.

# Set the desired handler list
# handler.list=apr,request,channelJni
#
# Override the default port for the socketChannel
 channelSocket.port=8009
# Default:
# channelUnix.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.socket
# Just to check if the the config  is working
# shm.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.shm

# In order to enable jni use any channelJni directive
# channelJni.disabled = 0
# And one of the following directives:

# apr.jniModeSo=/opt/apache2/modules/mod_jk2.so

# If set to inprocess the mod_jk2 will Register natives itself
# This will enable the starting of the Tomcat from mod_jk2
# apr.jniModeSo=inprocess

and the server.xml that was modified:

    <!-- Define a non-SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->
    <Connector port="8080"
               maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100"
               debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000"
               disableUploadTimeout="true" />
    <!-- Note : To disable connection timeouts, set connectionTimeout
value
     to 0 -->

        <!-- Note : To use gzip compression you could set the following
properti
es :

                           compression="on"
                           compressionMinSize="2048"
                           noCompressionUserAgents="gozilla, traviata"
                           compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml"
        -->

<!-- Define a SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 -->
    <!--
    <Connector port="8443"
               maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75"
               acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />
    -->

    <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
     <Connector port="8009"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" debug="0"
               protocol="AJP/1.3" />

    <!-- Define a Proxied HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8082 -->
    <!-- See proxy documentation for more information about using this.
-->
<!--
    <Connector port="8082"
               maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75"
               enableLookups="false"
               proxyPort="80" disableUploadTimeout="true" />
-->

        <!-- Logger shared by all Contexts related to this virtual host.
By
             default (when using FileLogger), log files are created in
the "logs
"
             directory relative to $CATALINA_HOME.  If you wish, you can
specify
             a different directory with the "directory" attribute.
Specify eith
er a
             relative (to $CATALINA_HOME) or absolute path to the
desired
             directory.-->
                 directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"
            timestamp="true"/>

       <Context path="/patientConnect"
            docBase="/usr/local/mediture/gateway_patient_connect/webapp"
debug="
0"
                         reloadable="true" crossContext="true"/>
       <Context path="" docBase="/srv/www/htdocs" debug="0"
reloadable="true" cr
ossContext="true"/>

</Host>

Thank you for any help or direction you can place me. If you think I
should have read something first then tell me to read it. I may have
skipped over it or I may have read it. I have seen a lot of different
ways of doing that same thing and tried all so I may be missing up a few
of them. Again thank you.

--
Dan Chesmore
Systems Admin