From: Daniel Brown [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 2:54 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Session lost between HTTPS and HTTP

Cookies can be set 'secure' (Cookie.setSecure(true)). Secure cookies are
only sent to servers by browsers over a secure connection.

When Tomcat starts a new session, it sets the cookie to be secure if the
session is opened over a secure connection.

This seems to fit with everything so far observed: if a session starts using
an http: URL, it's available over http: and https: connections. If the
session starts over https:, it's available over https: only.

This also fits with how one would hope this would work from a security point
of view.

Dan.