Hi,
We have software that is using Torque to directly connect to database servers.
We now have a requirement to use a master / slave MySQL set up and our client
are reluctant to put a load balancer in the way.  I've been trying to establish
if it's possible through Torque to use the MySQL read replication driver.

As Google turned up limited information, I couldn't find anything on the
mailing list (searched via http://httpd.markmail.org) and a list of supported
drivers for Torque did not show the MySQL read replication driver, this email
is the last ditch effort to find an answer.

The connection String (torque.dsfactory.[db].datasource.url) I've been setting
as  jdbc:mysql:replication://[master]:3306,[slave]:3306/[db].
I've tried setting the driver to com.mysql.jdbc.ReplicationDriver
I've changed the factory from JndiDataSourceFactory to
SharedPoolDataSourceFactory.
I believe the adapter was incorrect as it was set to org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver so
I've changed that to MySQL and also tried changing it to the DBMM class.

Unfortunately it's difficult for me to give code exerts as it's configured
through a configuration module into a bean that assigns the properties from a
mix of static Strings and values from the config module.

The 2 issues I hit for every combination of changes I make are either a null
pointer in org.apache.torque.adapter.DBFactory in the function create(String
key, String className) for the adapterClass (this is what lead me to the
conclusion the adapter was incorrect as the original jira suggested it would be
as simple as changing the adapter from org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver to
com.mysql.jdbc.ReplicationDriver.

Or a SQL exception stating that I must specify at least one slave, however,
everything I can see suggests the connection string is correct for a read
replication connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for your time,
Keith.