The why is a good question, the table is not found. The tables hashmap in the dbMap appears to be empty. It of course is found when using the other db connection. It looks like I'm gonna have to dig for awhile.

Thanks.

Thomas Fischer wrote:
The null ointer exception seems to come from reading the table or column
map. Can you put a breakpoint in SQLBuilder.java:497 and see whether the
table or the column cannot be found (and why it is not found)?

    Thomas

Ok so I was trying to make our site a little safer from sql injections,
so I made a database connection that connects with a user that only has
SELECT permissions. And edited Criteria like such

public Criteria()
    {
        this(DEFAULT_CAPACITY);
        this.setDbName("readonlydatabase");
    }

Now it seems to work for must things, but a couple queries fail with

throws java.lang.Exception java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.torque.util.SQLBuilder.processOrderBy
(SQLBuilder.java:497)
    at
org.apache.torque.util.SQLBuilder.buildQueryClause(SQLBuilder.java:302)
    at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.createQuery(BasePeer.java:730)

This error disappears as soon as I let the criteria use a database
connection with write privileges.
I know the user that it connects with has select privileges on every
public table in the database.

Does criteria need update privileges to work or something?

The query the criteria constructs work fine when I connect as the
readonly user and run it manually.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

--